Sri Lanka has to be one of our favourite countries. It is a year round destination – as long as you know where to go and when – and we do! Great for everyone – for families, culture vultures, adventurers, wildlife enthusiasts and beach lovers. We can put together a fabulous trip for you. Whether it’s a full country tour you want or a week seeing the sights followed by relaxing on a beach. Highlights of Sri Lanka include:
- multiple national parks where you can go on safari searching for elephants, leopards, sloth bears and birdlife. Perhaps overnight glamping
- amazing marine life including whales and dolphins
- cycling around the atmospheric ancient former capital Anuradhapoura visiting its temples and stoupas
- An early morning climb of Sigiriya Rock to visit the palace fortress
- Strolling the streets of the Dutch Portuguese influenced town of Galle
- relaxing on the beaches of south east Sri Lanka
- The train journey from Nuwara Elya to Ella – one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world
- The cave temples of Dambulla
Discover Sri Lanka
from £2850 per person
Leopard safari in Wilpattu Park
from £36 per person
Stay in a staffed beach villa
from £300 per villa per night
Yes you will need a visa and six months left on your passport on your date of entry. Visas can be applied for online before you travel.
You should ensure all your usual immunisations are up to date and you may also want to consider other vaccinations such as Hepatitis B and Typhoid depending on where exactly you are travelling to.
Please visit here to find full advice on staying healthy in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a year round destination but it has two distinct monsoon seasons which affect the South and west and the North and East in different ways. The southwest coast is best between December and April, before their monsoon season starts, while the east coast and the north is less humid between May and September, when their monsoon season is over. The hill country and nice and cool all year round but should be avoided in October and November when rainfall is unpredictable.
Sri Lanka has everything from luxury beach hotels, family homestays, and glamping to character hotels and private villas with or without staff.