Rich in cultural history with prehistoric settlements, fortresses, castles and watchtowers, Menorca is also home to an incredible number of beaches – more than Mallorca and Ibiza put together! There is Moorish and colonial architecture to be seen throughout the island and its whole coastline is a designated protected area, so there is an abundance of unspoilt sandy beaches and coves. Highlights include:
- The capital Mahon has one of the longest natural harbours in the world. There was a British presence in Mahon for over one hundred years so the city is packed with Georgian inspired architecture
- The Blue Flag beach of Punta Prima, the island’s most popular resort.
- Fiestas throughout the summer in every town with the fiesta in San Juan in Ciutadella famous for its dancing Menorcan horses.
- Camí de Cavalls – a 200km ancient bridle path encircling the island.
- Moorish and Gothic architecture in Ciutadella, filled with pavement cafes and restaurants.
- Playas de Son Bou, the longest stretch of beach on the island.
We can book you gorgeous villas with private pools including a couple of larger fully staffed villas for bigger groups, family resort hotels and a number of lovely boutique hotels.
Although at first sight the island appears mainly flat with the highest point being Monte Toro at 358m, if you look closer there are many small hills and steep sided valleys with a vast network of footpaths and bridleways. This, and its year-round warm temperatures, make it an ideal walking destination. It is also possible to make a complete circuit of the island on foot via the Camí de Cavalls, an ancient path which hugs most of the island’s 200km-plus of coastline.